Thanks for registering with us.
Please see attached information, and find the most up to date information on our online course calendar.
You will also receive an email containing all of this same information. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder.
Please complete the Registration form, Waiver, Candidate Disclaimer and Confidentiality agreement on website under Training tab.
This area of our website also includes the following:
- Rope access equipment specifications
- IRATA standards (also found here)
- SPRAT standards (also found here)
Please be advised that RIG is following local guidance on COVID procedures.
Also, students, trainers, assessor/evaluators, and staff must understand that these precautions add difficulty to a course which is already very challenging. Nonetheless, the follwoing may be required.
- social distancing
- face covering
Please understand that we are doing everything we can to adjust our training to be compliant and safe under the circumstances. More than the usual amounts of patience and compassion will be needed, and we deeply appreciate everyone’s efforts and cooperation. Here is the summary of changes:
Hazards and Controls Specific to Training Activities
- Rope access and confined space training are skills-based and require demonstrations and hands on training in addition to theoretical explanations and study. Specific precautions are required to limit the risk of spreading a respiratory virus in this environment
- The following additional precautions will be added to RIG-Form-012 Training Risk Assessment by the lead trainer. These hazards and controls will be discussed with all students, trainers, assessors/evaluators, and other staff at the beginning of each course.
- Covid-19 is a global pandemic. The risk of Covid-19 infection is largely determined by the response of governments and public health agencies, and the cooperation of the public with those authorities and agencies. Further, the risk of developing serious health complications because of Covid-19 infection depend on age, pre-existing conditions, and other factors. RIG is not responsible for Covid-19 related risks that are beyond the scope of this procedure and beyond our control.
- Courses will be limited capacity and will be capped at 8 students.
- All students, trainers, and assessors will be screened prior to entering the training facility:
- All will be asked if they have symptoms or known recent exposure.
- All students, trainers, and assessors are subject to all applicable sections of RIG-Procedure-10, such as the following:
- Facial coverings will be required and must be worn properly. Personal masks are acceptable, and we will also provide disposable masks.
- Physical distancing of 6’ is also required, and that includes during breaks.
- The training area and classroom will be arranged and planned such that 6’ distancing is maintained.
- Live-casualty companion rescue training will not be practiced during training or assessment. We will use dummies and weights so that we can maintain physical distance and reduce the risk of transmission.
- RIG-Form-047 Training Access and Rescue Plan lists 4 rescue methods in order of preference. Companion rescue is the least preferred option and is avoidable in most cases. However, if a trainer is required to perform a companion rescue on a student, the trainer will wear an N-95 mask and full-face shield.
- Increased ventilation for the training environment per section 5.4.2 of RIG-Procedure-10.
- Theoretical explanations, safety talks, and discussion will be carried out in locations with optimal ventilation. The training and classroom areas will be well-ventilated.
- Trainers and assessors will consider their positioning and ventilation when leading discussions or giving directions.
- The classroom area and restroom will be cleaned/disinfected daily.
- Sharing of equipment is discouraged, and each student will have a personal harness, helmet, and gear. A certain amount of group equipment is also needed and will be available. All equipment will be cleaned/disinfected at the end of the course.
- Training tablets are issued to each candidate and are not to be shared. Frequent decontamination of tablets and other work equipment will be encouraged. Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available throughout the training center.
Please be in touch with any questions or concerns. And thanks for trusting us with your training!