PPE Selection, Inspection and Management, Competent Person Inspection Training
Length: 3 days
This course covers personal protective equipment (PPE) for professional workers at height. We will emphasize proper selection, inspection, and management of a variety of equipment. This course is intended for end users, and those responsible for PPE inspection and management.
Topics covered include:
- Risk assessment and associated decision making.
- Potential hazards associated with the use of PPE for protection against falls from height.
- Legislation and current requirements regarding the management of PPE.
- Definition of “competent person.”
- General principles and uses of PPE.
- Employer and PPE inspector responsibilities.
- Understanding a technical notice.
- Principal actions of the examiner: maintenance, returns under warranty, removal of products from service, etc.
- Principal corrective actions: information to provide for the users and/or their management system.
- Necessary tools and work environment to efficiently perform PPE examination.
- Presentation of Petzl Technical Institute PPE examination protocol.
- Pre-use checks, special inspections, thorough examinations, signs and symptoms, significance of any defects, criteria for removal from service.
- Identify defects and damage which would result in the item being removed from service.
- Inspection reporting.